Thursday, October 9, 2014

50 Foot Auger Came Out Air Vent





Yesterday my contractors arrived to install sidewalk and back patio, while I’m busy with their questions my grandson’s new care provider arrives and needs to be trained, and wouldn't you know right at that moment I find my kitchen sink drain line clogged. 
Okay I think no biggie I got this. I remove all the piping from under the sink, empty the water that came out, have my gloves on and lots of towels, I get my 25’ x ¼” drain auger out and I work it! Pass the pipe bends (a real arm work out) till all is clear. Remove the auger, reconnect all the pipes, and pour down a gallon or so of boiling water, drain is still blocked!
Today I go and purchase a 50’ x ½” auger, and start the process all over again, I got all 50 feet of the new auger into the pipe! I stepped outside to take a break, get some fresh air and see the progress on the sidewalk and patio. However I saw something I didn't expect, my auger hanging down from my roof. The auger went up the sink’s air vent, rather than through the clogged drain. 

I've put some bacteria eating enzymes in the drain, it's running clear as of this morning.